Friday, January 21, 2011

Think before you step

After much procrastinating, I found a brief warm patch today and went for run... it was a whole 18 degrees! I went back to read some July posts just to feel warmer. I didn't quit, despite losing feeling in my toes in the piles of snow. I kept reminding myself that I am not a quitter. I am not a quitter. I made it two miles.

I spent the next two hours sitting in front of my portable heater trying to regain feeling. I am on record as stating that a foot of snow and near zero wind chills change the term "quitter" to "idiot". From now on, when I think it is necessary to run outside in this weather, I will remind myself that I am not an idiot. I am not an idiot. And I will get in my vehicle and drive to the YMCA.

Somedays, I just don't think.

In side,
Beth



Workout: 2 miles. No swim. No bike. No P90x.
Tomorrows Goal: 2 mile run. 30 minutes bike. P90x.

If you're training with me, you can adjust down to a 20 minute walk/ jog, 30 minute recumbant bike, and any 1 hour weight resistance class or workout video.

Food: Vegan pizza bake

            Crust: 2 cups heart healthy Bisquick or organic wheat flour, egg replacer for 6 egg white equvalent (1/3 soy yogurt per egg, 1&1/2 tsp egg replacer powder per egg, flax seed, or other), 6 tbsp water, 1/2 tsp garlic powder. MIX ALL INGREDIENTS

            Topping: homemade tomato sauce or vegan sauce of your choice, browned soy crumbles, red onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, vegan cheese (mozzarella or smoked provolone)

           Preheat to 400 degrees. Coat a baking pan with extra virgin olive oil before filling with crust. Cover with sauce and toppings. Top coat of cheese and sprinkle with basil, garlic powder, and a pinch of oregano. Bake for 25 minutes.

 Healthy Pizza as easy as pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment