Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Silent serenity


At some point I'd like to know what it is like to be silent. The debt, the jobs, the problems, the worries, the kids, the parents, the relationships, the anger, the responsibilities, the anxieties, the pain, to all be silent. Someone close to me asked when all this will stop, The drama, the emergencies, the hardness... when will it stop. When will it be okay to wake up and just be. I know one day it will be silent. I know one day I will wake up and everything will be done. And I know that by the end of that day, something else will begin. Only from that day on, I'll choose to let go more and take on less. I won't fight the world everywhere it's wrong. I won't take on their pain. I won't ignore my own. I am working towards that day of calm. I understand now, when people ask me how I do it all, when I didn't understand how they don't... I understand that they choose silence, and I didn't know there was a choice. I don't need silence forever, just as an option for the day.

I'll find the balance I need. I'll silence the crowds in my head as my feet hit the ground. I'll find my peace in a run. 

In silence,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment