Sunday, July 18, 2010

I want to fail.

"Sometimes it is more important to discover what one cannot do than what one can." Lin Yutang


I have discovered all sorts of things that I can do. I can pull myself up. I can push myself out. I can lift the weight of the world off my shoulders. In doing this, I've also discovered that I push just enough until I have the slightest amount of success, then I move on and call it a success. I have proven I can run faster; I've proven that I can run farther. I can push hard and get to where I want to be now. 


However, I have yet to run faster and farther to the point that I cannot. I need to feel that place of being, to exist in the "cannot". That is when I will truly be able to see the truth of what I can. That is the level that has been missing, and the drive that has been lost. The "cannot" is the guts and the glory.


Tomorrow morning I will go until I find "cannot". I doubt it will be found at the end of the rainbow, but it will be somewhere beautiful.


In searching,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment