Friday, May 7, 2010

Baby, you're not lost...

Tomorrow I host a race in honor of my friend I lost 8 years ago. Tomorrow is a sad day in my heart no matter what goes on. Tomorrow is a great day to run. In my head, in my run, I can spend some time with my friend where he's not lost, and neither am I. I will see his face on the shirts of a hundred runners around me, but I will feel his love in the hugs they give and smiles they share. I'll see his courage in the drips of sweat from their brows. I'll be supported by his friendship through the new friends he continues to bring me. And I'll see what he saw in me, by stepping outside myself and believing I can, and seeing what I am capable of.

Now to get to tomorrow...

In silence,
Beth


www.johnwiltfoundation.org

No comments:

Post a Comment