Friday, April 9, 2010

Into the Great Wide Open

So... your adventures are over. 

Oh no! To live, to live would be an awfully big adventure.

I do not have the right words to express our gratitude for the experience and time in our restaurant. We have been gifted with so many wonderful new people we would have never known. The blessings were so overwhelming, even without a tangible gain, we gain an immeasurable amount of wealth from this experience. Many tears were shed by those who loved our little place and we will miss each of you just as much... but my heart is full. Our time is right to move forward and our lives are forever changed for the better.



I started my day at 4 am, I went to my new clients, loved every minute of training and then got my ass handed to me trying to wait on the enormous crowd of supporters at the shop. Even with an hour wait, so many waited happily and enjoyed the food that remained to serve them. It was a blessed day at the shop and so much love filled the room. After a bit of a break, I headed to soccer and had a great game despite some exhaustion. My kids got to watch, my Mom and Aunt came too, and as we started the game I realized my favorite soccer coach from High School was refereeing our game. I had not seen this man in 18 years! What a day for such an incredible surprise!



I was blessed today in so many ways. Fate, God, however you look at it, everything fell into place. The radio kept playing the perfect songs, nearly all of our regular customers happened to come by today not knowing it would be the last chance - just feeling like they wanted to come in, and my Aunt who worked so hard to help us open had the day off and helped us close. I have so many gifts from this place, but my relationship with her has to be the greatest gift I could ever imagine. All the friends I have found again, all the new friends we've made... it is all just... it is perfect.




I have always loved the movie HOOK with Robin Williams... and that movie, of all things, gave me peace today. And I share my peace with you as I am on my way, second star to the right and straight on till morning...

You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you. That's where I'll be waiting.




In to the great wide open,
Beth







No comments:

Post a Comment