Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My addiction

My addiction saves my life.


I look through the vacant space that used to be. It used to be where I held my dreams. It used to be where I existed, everyday, every night. It used to be where my future lied. It used to be everything.

I look through the vacant sky and see what used to be. I miss what used to be, who used to be here in it. It used to be where my future lied. It used to comfort me, every night. It used to see everything in it.

I look through the vacant eyes. They are tired, empty. They used to light bright with my dreams. They used to be filed with ambition. I used to see everything through them.

I lace up. It is my drug of choice. My shoes carry me into my new high. The vacant space looks empty and cold as I run by. It now is only walls. It now exists without me. It's vacancy makes room for my dreams. The pavement, the fresh air, is where I exist. The sky is intoxicating. It is filled with possibilities, an unending faith. It comforts me again. My eyes burn bright with ideas, life fills them again. I see home and I see everything. I see everything in it...

In deep addiction,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment