Monday, February 8, 2010

Growing pains...

Therapy sucks. Every kind of it.

It hurts. Maybe we just shouldn't injure things or break things so that therapy can simply go away. As you may have guessed, I started physical therapy on my quad muscle today. It wan't so bad when going through the motions, it's the after effects that get to me. My run this evening was much harder than usual. I've tried other therapy too, trying to help what's hard in my life. During the session, it wasn't so bad, but just as before, the after effects were killer. It came very close to ending a relationship I now cherish. I think my running is a much healthier way to handle both problems. But, without the physical therapy, the running may cease. And without the running, the emotional therapy would have to come back at some point. And I certainly don't want to go back into a room of happy feelings or even read those so called "self-help" books. As many pretentious. hallow words in there as in the happy room.

So I'll appreciate my pain for the moment. Understanding it is just growing pains and I'll be stronger for bearing it. Ultimately, the goal is enlightenment and happiness. Pain is necessary to get there. Nobody said this was going to be easy...

~In strength,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment