Monday, February 22, 2010

Because I run.

My legs are killing me! Doesn't that just make you want to go out for a run? :) I do... I love this pain.

I have managed, for two days, to stay somewhat in control while running two jobs, starting a nonprofit, managing family schedules/ activities, and rehabbing my leg and fevered body. I stayed in control only because I went for a run this morning. Exhausted, emotionally and physically, I still pulled myself out of the warmth of my bed and ran in the cold. I wanted so badly to get another hour, even another 15 minutes of sleep. Something has clicked in me though. The light is turned on. And not being able to run for a few days of sickness has made me appreciate it even more..

I hurt. Everything aches. And it feels so good. My brain is keeping it all straight and my sleep will heal my wounds. My muscles will wake up sore, but stronger. My legs will hold me up again through my long day tomorrow. And everyday I will love someone better, feel something stronger, and laugh even harder because I run. Because I take time for me.

I can do this. I can do all this and keep time for me. I will run the half marathon in April, and again two weeks later... because I can.

In training,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment